There are many fun ways to celebrate the New Year at home with you little one! Have fun celebrating, making goals for the New Year and creating memories to last a lifetime.
- Have a party and get dressed up! Have a fancy dinner using your best dishes and make yummy snacks to celebrate the New Year.
- Relive memories from the previous year; tell stories and look through pictures to remind you of all the fun you had.
- Get in your PJ’s, grab some snacks and cozy up on the couch together for a slumber party and watch your favorite movies or TV shows. If you have Netflix, watch their New Year’s Eve count down!
- Play games, decorate the house, listen to music and have a dance party!
- Get noise makers and sparklers or bang pots and pans as you countdown the final seconds of the year.
- If the kiddo’s can make it until midnight, watch the ball drop on TV!
- Talk about New Year’s Resolutions. Making a resolution is a tradition in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something nice in the New Year. Make resolutions together as a family.
As the New Year approaches find ways to make the celebrations kid friendly so they can be a part of welcome the New Year too!