4 cups of flour
1 cup salt
Large Mixing Bowl
Water to moisten
A small rolling pin or wooden dowel
A drinking straw
Paint *if desired
1. In your mixing bowl, blend flour and salt while adding water gradually.
*Remember to add water gradually because you can always add more, not take it away.
2. Use food coloring to make ornaments any color you’d like.
3. Lightly grease the baking sheet with oil and roll out the dough on the cookie sheet.
* Keep in mind to make the dough thick enough to form the handprint. If your dough is too thin, it will not work.
4. Use a straw to make a hole at the top of the ornament before you have your children emboss their hand print.
5. Make handprints on the dough.
6. Place in the oven at 150 degrees for 1 hour or you can air dry overnight for 24 hours.
7. Once the ornament is dry, you can make your personal touches with paint and other craft supplies.