Valentine’s Day Homemade Playdough
Four mixing bowls
Pink gel food dye
Strawberry candy flavoring oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup salt
½ tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon strawberry oil
- Place four mixing bowls on the counter or table.
- To each bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, vegetable oil, cream of tartar and strawberry oil.
- Using a spatula, stir each bowl until fairly smooth.
- Start with a small amount of coloring and mix it into the first bowl. Use a little more coloring for each bowl after that so the next is a little darker than the one before it.
- Heat a pot over medium-low heat on the stove and add the lightest batch of play dough. Sprinkle in a tablespoon or two of glitter.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until it starts to appear dry. The dough will start taking shape and pull away from the pot. Remove it from the heat and knead until smooth. Repeat for the rest of the bowls of dough mixture.